Daphine Renee Perkins’ son Marcus Hood died in a capturing incident round Gulf City Middle Mall on Nov. 26, 2016. The case has now been turned over to the chilly case division.
Andrea Melendez/

If steps might deliver her son again, Daphine Renee Perkins would stroll perpetually.

Marcus Hood died the day after Thanksgiving 2016 from gunshots that his mom stated her son suffered at Gulf Coast City Middle. Two others have been injured. 

On Sunday, Perkins and about three dozen relations, pals and others walked across the expansive parking zone on the buying middle to spotlight and convey consideration to her son’s killing.

“Thanks all for coming,” Perkins stated as everybody gathered into a large prayer circle within the Goal parking zone. “This implies a lot to me. This has a been a really lengthy and onerous yr for my household and myself.”

Extra: Lee County Sheriff’s Office identifies victims of double homicide

More: UPDATE: State attorney’s office says murdered woman previously testified she was no longer afraid of boyfriend

More: Man found guilty in 2015 murder of Punta Gorda 7-Eleven clerk and arson at store

Killings like those that claimed Perkins’ son need to be prevented, she said.

“This has got to stop,” she said. “There was a murder just a few days ago. When you lose a child, you feel it all over again.”

During the group’s memorial walk from Target to the area of Rack Room Shoes, where the actual shooting occurred, Perkins said there’s nothing she wouldn’t do to bring her son back.

“I would walk to Hell and back,” she said.

However, she acknowledged that what he was involved in and those he associated with likely contributed to his killing.

“He was hanging around with the wrong people,” Perkins said. “It was his time.”

Perkins said the father of two  – whose father died in a fight when he was just an infant –  would have been 29 on Sunday.

Perkins said after Hood was shot six times, once in the head, her son got into a car with a second man and they made it more than 4 miles away to Estero Parkway and Cypress View Drive, where the vehicle’s tires blew out. 

Other than a one-year-old news release, there has been little information provided on the case, which remains unsolved.


Source link